Convenience at your bedside – bringing your prescriptions to you!
Designed with your Convenience in Mind
The team at Memorial Hospital of Gardena (MHG) is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our patients and community, and is continuously looking for ways to improve our service. We are committed to being your partner in care, and are pleased to offer the Pharmacy Convenience service at Memorial Hospital of Gardena.
Pharmacy Convenience is a new service providing you with your medications ready to take home at the time of your discharge from the hospital, saving time and allowing you to focus on your health and healing. Through our partnership with Phoenix Pharmacy, this bedside service is offered to enhance the discharge process. Designed with your health in mind, this new service conveniently eliminates the need for a stop at the pharmacy on the way home from the hospital. In the event that we do not have your prescription, medications will be hand-delivered to your home.
Benefits of Pharmacy Convenience:
- Reduced readmission rates
- Allows you to focus on recovery
- Eliminates the need for stopping at a pharmacy
- Increases the adherence and understanding of the drug regimen
- Individualized medication counseling with a Pharmacist
- Reduced wait times
- Coordinated discharge planning
- Timely follow up with a pharmacy
- Covered by most insurances and will work with providers on medications not covered by your insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
The Pharmacy Convenience service includes a team of experts and a continuing commitment of providing you with the service you deserve. Below are some answers to our most frequently asked questions.
- Can my prescription cost be added to my medical bill?
Prescriptions filled by the Pharmacy Convenience service are considered an outpatient pharmacy service and cannot be added to your hospital inpatient bill. However, we are able to collect your copay from you when the service is rendered.
- Do you accept my prescription insurance plan?
We accept a majority of prescription insurance plans and directly bill your prescription to your insurance provider. You are responsible for any copay required by your insurance carrier when services are rendered.
- What types of payment do you accept?
The Pharmacy Prescription service accepts personal check, debit card, and credit card. Cash is not accepted.
- What if I forget to bring my prescription insurance card to the hospital?
We will gladly work with you or your family member to obtain your insurance information.
- How will I be notified when my prescription is ready?
We will deliver your prescription to your bedside before you leave the hospital.
- What if you do not have the prescription I need?
In the event that we do not have your prescription, we will personally hand-deliver your prescription to you at your home the next day.
Do you have a question about our Pharmacy Convenience service? We are here for you!
Gardena, CA 90247 1145 W. Redondo Beach Blvd.