Emergency care when and where you need it.
Your Hospital of Choice for Emergencies
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Memorial Hospital of Gardena is dedicated to providing world-class patient care to every person who walks through our doors.
We’ve made improvements to patient flow throughout the Emergency Department, ensuring low wait times, quick access to a physician and fast, efficient care so you can get back to doing the things you love.
Memorial Hospital of Gardena is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association and accredited as a Geriatric Emergency Department, making us your hospital of choice for emergencies.
When To Seek Emergency Care
There are several medical conditions that are considered emergencies regardless of COVID-19 — because they can require rapid or advanced treatments, such as surgery that are only available in a hospital setting.
Some symptoms that are best evaluated in an emergency department include:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Weakness/numbness on one side
- Slurred speech
- Fainting/change in mental state
- Serious burns
- Head or eye injury
- Broken bones and dislocated joints
- Fever with a rash
- Severe cuts that may require stitches
- Facial lacerations
- Severe cold or flu symptoms
- Vaginal bleeding with pregnancy
Please dial 911 and/or visit your nearest Emergency Room if you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency.
Don’t Wait to Get the Care You Need
Our Emergency Room is Open During COVID-19
Patients who avoid medical care for routine or highly treatable issues could encounter complicated or even life-threatening situations. Don’t let fear of exposure to COVID-19 keep you from getting the care you need. Our emergency room remains open, and we have implemented many safety measures to keep our patients and caregivers safe.
Allow us to help you put your care first. Patients who avoid medical care for routine or highly treatable issues could encounter complicated or even life-threatening situations. Don’t let fear of exposure to COVID-19 keep you from getting the care you need. Our emergency room remains open, and we have implemented many safety measures to keep our patients and caregivers safe.
Additional measures we are taking for COVID-19:
- Restricting visitors. Read our visitor restrictions and call our main line for the most-up-to-date visitor information.
- Requiring masks covering the nose and mouth of all patients, visitors and staff at all times.
- implementing isolation and COVID-19 testing.
- Enhancing hospital sanitation efforts by increasing the number of thorough cleanings.
- Ensuring hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the hospital.
- Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Please read our COVID-19 Resources and Updates here.
In Case of Emergency DIAL 911
If you or a loved one experience a health crisis, our emergency room team is here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Gardena, CA 90247 1145 W. Redondo Beach Blvd.