Emergency care when and where you need it.
Your Hospital of Choice for Emergencies
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Memorial Hospital of Gardena is dedicated to providing world-class patient care to every person who walks through our doors.
We’ve made improvements to patient flow throughout the Emergency Department, ensuring low wait times, quick access to a physician and fast, efficient care so you can get back to doing the things you love.
Memorial Hospital of Gardena is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and American Stroke Association and accredited as a Geriatric Emergency Department, making us your hospital of choice for emergencies.
When to Seek Emergency Care
There are several medical conditions that are considered emergencies regardless of COVID-19 — because they can require rapid or advanced treatments, such as surgery that are only available in a hospital setting.
Some symptoms that are best evaluated in an emergency department include:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Weakness/numbness on one side
- Slurred speech
- Fainting/change in mental state
- Serious burns
- Head or eye injury
- Broken bones and dislocated joints
- Fever with a rash
- Severe cuts that may require stitches
- Facial lacerations
- Severe cold or flu symptoms
- Vaginal bleeding with pregnancy
Please dial 911 and/or visit your nearest Emergency Room if you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency.
Don’t Wait to Get the Care You Need
Patients who avoid medical care for routine or highly treatable issues could encounter complicated or even life-threatening situations. Don’t let fear of exposure to COVID-19 keep you from getting the care you need. Our emergency room remains open, and we have implemented many safety measures to keep our patients and caregivers safe.
Additional Measures We Are Taking:
- Restricting visitors. Read our visitor restrictions and call our main line for the most-up-to-date visitor information.
- Masking patients with signs of virus and implementing isolation and COVID-19 testing.
- Enhancing hospital sanitation efforts by increasing the number of thorough cleanings.
- Ensuring hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the hospital.
- Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Please read our COVID Resources and Updates here.
We encourage patients with non-urgent needs to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained primary care physicians. You can schedule an appointment with our clinic or you can walk in! Walk-ins are welcome. Contact our clinic at (310) 512-6141 to make an appointment and be seen by a doctor.
Stay Engaged. Stay Healthy.
At Memorial Hospital of Gardena, we are proud to offer educational opportunities to promote the health and well-being of the communities we serve. We provide a variety of classes with information on healthy eating, weight management, and more.