Two outstanding members of the Memorial Hospital of Gardena’s team recently received well-deserved recognition for their contributions to patient care.
Elisa Ramirez Contreras, RN, received the Daisy Award in recognition of the care she provides in the hospital’s intensive care unit. The award was presented Aug. 15.
Contreras has worked at the hospital for seven years. One of her nominators described her as, “…very helpful and extremely nice. I have never met a nurse who loves their job and patients. I almost lost my life but, this nurse loved me to health.”
Wendy Ngov, RN, received the hospital’s Values in Action award Aug. 22 in recognition of the compassion she has brought to work with her for the last five years. Ngov was nominated for the award by a number of her peers in the ICU. The nominators’ comments included the following:
- “She treats everyone with kindness and respect.”
- “She always has time to help everyone.”
- “She’s a good nurse and compassionate.”
- “She has a calm demeanor.”
- “She explains the treatment plan to patient and family in a caring attitude and understanding way,”